Documentation to return home

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2022, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would appreciate input from anyone recently returning from Germany via Frankfurt.

I have VAX certificate so hopefully that won't be a problem. My concern is where/how to get the quick results
COVID test 24 hrs. before flight. Do you go to a clinic, hospital, pharmacy or what? Do you need an appointment. Also what is the cost?

Most likely my last night will be somewhere in one of the small towns on the Rhine. Rudesheim or Bacharach possibly.

Thanks and good traveling to all.
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 04:49 PM

Most important info is - WHERE IS HOME?

About 3 weeks ago we flew to San Francisco USA from Paris. We were in Paris for 2 weeks and the "documentation" changed on us twice while we were there

- First change was Dec 3 and France required a negative Covid antigen test within 24 hrs to get on the airplane to France. Prior to that, we needed to only show our Vax certificates.

- Second change was about Dec 10th or so, and the USA (not France or the airline) required a negative antigen test performed the day before or later (same day) as the flight to SFO. Prior, it was 3 days before. Nobody cared about our Vax certificates - except the antigen test was free for vaccinated people. But that's France. It was about 30 Euros for un-vaxed people..

In Paris on most commercial streets, you can find a pharmacy on every block - or at least it seems that way. Not all pharmacies will offer the 15 min antigen test - but about 3 did within a 4 block walk from our apt. I have no idea whether the small tourist village of Rudesheim has many pharmacies or whether they offer the test like the pharmacies Pariis do. We walked by a pharmacy at CDG on the way to check in - and I think they offered one. Don't know if Frankfurt does. I would not want to wait until the day of departure to get a test.

And, of course, "rules" could completely change tomorrow.

Stu Dudley

Old Jan 9th, 2022, 12:53 AM
Original Poster

Most important info is - WHERE IS HOME?

Good point. Thanks for catching it Stu.

That would be from Frankfurt to Dallas - Ft. Worth on Lufthansa.
Old Jan 9th, 2022, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by PStuyvsant
Would appreciate input from anyone recently returning from Germany via Frankfurt.

I have VAX certificate so hopefully that won't be a problem. My concern is where/how to get the quick results
COVID test 24 hrs. before flight. Do you go to a clinic, hospital, pharmacy or what? Do you need an appointment. Also what is the cost?

Most likely my last night will be somewhere in one of the small towns on the Rhine. Rudesheim or Bacharach possibly.

Thanks and good traveling to all.
Stay in Frankfurt. Searched for testing locations in Bacharach, couldn't find any.
I spoke to soon, there is: https://www.bacharach.de/aktuelles/schnelltest

Last edited by menachem; Jan 9th, 2022 at 11:29 AM.