We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
1st Time Kenya Safari, 7-8 days where would you go?
- 1 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 2 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 3 17 days in Israel our way
- 4 Africa Safari
- 5 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 6 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 7 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 8 Tanzania in 2014
- 9 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 10 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 11 Morocco - private tour operators
- 12 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 13 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 14 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 15 Tangier - A four day city break
- 16 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 17 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 18 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 19 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 20 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 21 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 22 phone service
- 23 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 24 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 25 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!