I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Botswana December 2011- trip ideas
- 1 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 2 Tanzania in 2014
- 3 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 4 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 5 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 6 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 7 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 8 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 9 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 10 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 12 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 13 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 14 Africa Safari
- 15 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 16 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 17 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 18 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 19 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 20 Morocco - private tour operators
- 21 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 22 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 23 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 24 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 25 Kruger Park trip