My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
- 1 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 2 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 3 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 7 phone service
- 8 Tanzania in 2014
- 9 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 12 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 13 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 14 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 15 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 16 Living in Morocco.
- 17 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 20 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 21 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 22 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 24 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 25 Makoa-Farm Tanzania