I’m planning a solo, month-long trip to Ethiopia, trying to see as much as possible!
No concrete plans, yet…
It has to depend on costs…
I read in various postings, very contradicting prices for similar (?) tours.
Trying to make it in a rather budget cost (maybe 20-30 euro/day without package, and if doable, 10 e more for tour packages?).
I wonder first, which places of the country worths to visit by public transport (and do some day-trips around) so to manage some good sightseeing without package tours there...
besides that, it seems that it is necessary to book tours (eg for Omo) but the costs vary big money.
Maybe for some agencies, it is because of higher level of service, but for others, could they also be inflated prices for 'dummy tourists'?
It would be great if it was enough to spend a couple of days in Addis Ababa and manage to book good value tours. Do you think this is the case?
Or maybe needs more time for in depth research...?
Any recommendations, experiences, costs, would help a lot guys!
Ethiopia arrangements on the spot, without scam prices ?
- 1 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 2 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 3 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 7 phone service
- 8 Tanzania in 2014
- 9 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 12 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 13 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 14 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 15 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 16 Living in Morocco.
- 17 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 20 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 21 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 22 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 24 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 25 Makoa-Farm Tanzania