I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
- 1 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 2 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 3 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 4 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 5 Morocco - private tour operators
- 6 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 7 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 8 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 9 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 10 Tanzania in 2014
- 11 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 12 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 13 phone service
- 14 Living in Morocco.
- 15 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 16 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 17 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 18 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 19 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 20 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 21 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 23 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 24 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 25 Africa Safari