Dear SA experts,
I am very excited about our upcoming trip to SA in November. It is our first ever trip to Africa and I have been working hard on a perfect SA touring itinerary. Thank you for all the great advice on this discussion board, it has been very useful! But I still need some help, specifically with the tour segment from Graaff-Reiner to Lower Sabi. This is where I anticipate some long driving days, and I hope to get some driving time estimates, tips for best routes to take, road conditions and good overnight and sightseeing spots. (I have not been able to get any direct answers from any distance tables, just done some rough calculations based on a couple of maps I have – and I don’t have any idea about the potential road conditions etc)
My specific questions are:
How long will it take to drive from:
• Graaff-Reiner to Malealea, Lesotho
• Malealea to Mlilwane, Swaziland
• Mlilwane to Lower Sabi rest camp
Preferred routes for the above?
“Do not take roads” that may look good in the maps?
Great places to have a rest and explore on the way? Sights not to miss?
We have 2 days to drive the distance from Malealea to Mlilwane. Where is a good, logical place to stay for a night to break the drive? (I have thought about Clarens, Golden Gate National Park, Harrismith or Ladysmith???) Any suggestions? Great, moderately priced B&Bs or hotels? (400-700 per couple)
Help with self drive Graaff-Reiner - Malealea, Lesotho - Swaziland- Lower Sabi
Dear SA experts,
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 Africa Safari
- 3 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 4 Morocco - private tour operators
- 5 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 6 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 7 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 8 Kruger Park trip
- 9 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 10 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 11 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 12 phone service
- 13 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 14 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 15 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 16 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 17 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 18 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 19 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 20 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 21 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 22 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 23 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 24 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 25 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012