I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Iran Info, Please
- 1 Favorite shoes for safari
- 2 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 3 River Cruise for Several Days in South Africa (or adjacent) ?
- 4 Best way to go from Morocco to Barcelona
- 5 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 6 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 7 17 days in Israel our way
- 8 Africa Safari
- 9 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 10 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 11 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 12 Tanzania in 2014
- 13 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 14 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 15 Morocco - private tour operators
- 16 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 17 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 18 Tangier - A four day city break
- 19 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 20 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 21 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 22 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 23 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 24 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 25 phone service