We are planning to go to South Africa driven by a 6 day trip we purchased at a charity auction. That location, Zulu Nyala, looks okay but not one we would probably have chosen if we were buying it outright. In planning the trip we have gotten interested in the Okavango delta and in seeing the Great Migration while in Africa. We were in Kenya for 10 days on an A&K group tour in 2000. A rough plan we have put together: Zulu Nyala (6nts), Cape Town area (4nts), Krieger (4nts), Botswana (4nts) and Tanzania Serengeti for the Great Migration (4nts). We would likely spend 2 nts in 2 camps in each of the areas. We would focus exclusively on the Migration in Tanzania and not go to some of the other popular sites. The question we are struggling with is whether this is too much flying around south and eastern Africa for one trip? Should we drop Botswana or Tanzania? We are not sure if and when we would return to Africa so we are motivated to want to experience the Migration now and the Delta seems like a truly unique experience as well. Timing for us is flexible but we are thinking of going late June to mid July. Your experience, recommendations and/or reasoning would be welcomed. Thanks.
Is South Africa CapeTown/Kreiger, Botswana Okavango Delta & Tanzania Great Migration too much in a 3 week trip?
- 1 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 2 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 3 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 4 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 5 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 6 Morocco - private tour operators
- 7 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 8 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 9 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 10 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 11 Tanzania in 2014
- 12 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 13 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 14 phone service
- 15 Living in Morocco.
- 16 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 17 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 18 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 19 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 20 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 21 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 23 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 24 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 25 Africa Safari