Please find below our tentative itinerary for Southern Africa in early September this year and will appreciate any suggestions or inputs that you may have.
Day 1: Arrival in Johannesburg (7am) & then take a flight to Victoria Falls; Take a Zambezi sunset cruise this afternoon
Day 2: Visit Victoria Falls; Take helicopter flight; Walk with Lions
Day 3: Jet Boat at lower Zambezi (only if it brings views of Vic Falls from below) in the morning; Flight to Johannesburg; Overnight at Airport Hotel
Day 4-7: Fly to Nelusprit and start 4 nights in Sabi Sands game reserves
Day 8: Transfer to Nelusprit this afternoon and fly to Cape Town. Relax this evening
Day 9-10: 2 days HOHO bus travel to visit Table Mountains, Bot. Gardens & other city attractions
Day 11: Hire Car and do peninsula self-drive to cape point in day. Last night in Cape Town
Day 12: Drive to Hermanus (via Betty’s Bay penguin colony) for whale watching. May drive to De Kelders too; overnight at Hermanus
Day 13: Drive to Franschhoek and spend the day there. Drive in the evening to Stellanbosch for overnight stay
Day 14: Spend the last full day at Stellanbosch
Day 15: Drive this morning from Stellanbosch to Cape Town Airport for 10:45am flight back to Singapore
As Victoria Falls start to dry up later in the September & Cape Town tens to warm up later in the September so we though it would be best to start at Victoria Falls and end at Cape Town. Any idea about activities and sight would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Itinerary Review: Vic Falls, Kruger + Cape Town this September
- 1 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 2 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 3 Tanzania in 2014
- 4 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 5 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 6 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 7 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 8 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 10 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 11 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 12 Africa Safari
- 13 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 14 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 15 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 16 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 17 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 18 Morocco - private tour operators
- 19 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 20 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 21 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 22 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 23 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 24 Kruger Park trip
- 25 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.