We will be visiting Israel this January and then plan to travel to Petra before proceeding on to Egypt. We need to be in Egypt by the 31st of January. We are thinking of crossing into Egypt from Jordan, without going back into Israel, but I can find nothing to recommend the ferry crossing from Aquaba to Nuweiba...even the "fast" ferry doesn't seem to be fast or reliable. Can someone who has actually done this trip recommend the best approach? Should we cross back into Israel and enter Egypt by land thru Eilat to Taba instead? I realize we would need to get an "All Egypt" visa before crossing by land but my main concern is to avoid unnecessary frustration and time delay. We can arrange for our Egyptian tour guide to meet us at either entry point. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Jordan to Egypt by ferry or land?
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 3 Africa Safari
- 4 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 5 Morocco - private tour operators
- 6 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 7 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 8 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 9 Kruger Park trip
- 10 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 11 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 12 phone service
- 13 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 14 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 15 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 16 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 17 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 18 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 19 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 20 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 21 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 22 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 23 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 24 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 25 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012