We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
- 1 Favorite shoes for safari
- 2 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 3 River Cruise for Several Days in South Africa (or adjacent) ?
- 4 Best way to go from Morocco to Barcelona
- 5 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 6 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 7 17 days in Israel our way
- 8 Africa Safari
- 9 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 10 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 11 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 12 Tanzania in 2014
- 13 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 14 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 15 Morocco - private tour operators
- 16 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 17 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 18 Tangier - A four day city break
- 19 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 20 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 21 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 22 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 23 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 24 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 25 phone service