I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
northern Serengeti camping
- 1 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 2 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 3 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 7 phone service
- 8 Tanzania in 2014
- 9 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 12 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 13 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 14 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 15 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 16 Living in Morocco.
- 17 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 20 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 21 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 22 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 24 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 25 Makoa-Farm Tanzania