Hello all -
We are planning a trip to southern Africa August 2014 and I would love some feedback on our initial itinerary (I say initial, because it always changes). We are fairly experienced "safari-goers" and the most important things for us are the quality of the wildlife experience and the guiding. I'm an avid photographer, so having a guide who understands photography is a plus. This will be our third trip to Southern Africa. Here is what we're thinking right now and some areas where I need your help.
Botswana - Duma Tau - 4 nights
Chitabe Lediba - 4 nights
Mobile camp - 4 nights (see questions below)
San or Jack's Camp -2 or 3 nights (see questions below)
South Africa - either Mala Mala or Londolozi - 4 or 5 nights (see questions below)
First of all, we are working with The Africa Adventure Company. This will be our 3 trip with them and we have had wonderful experience with them. They have recommended the Mobile Camp that they offer in the Khwai region. We have also looked into the Selinda Explorers Mobile Camp offered through Great Plains Conservation. Has anyone had any experience with either of these mobile camps? Also, it seems like I've read reviews in the past of the Khwai area in general, but can't remember much about it. Any opinions on this as an area to visit?
Regarding San or Jack's Camp....is August/September a good time to go? Is 2 nights enough time?
Mala Mala vs. Londolozi - what are your thoughts. At Mala Mala we were thinking that Sable Camp would be our choice. From the photos, Rattray's looks like a hotel. Am I missing something? We like a smaller property. We also like places that keep the number of guests in the vehicles to no more than 6 (preferably 4). At Londolozi, we're thinking either Tree or Granite Suites. Any opinions there?
We'll also be staying for a few days in J'burg for family reasons.
If anyone has any suggestions on our itinerary I'd really appreciate the advice.
Possible Southern Africa itinerary - would love feedback
Hello all -
- 1 Tanzania in 2014
- 2 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 3 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 4 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 5 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 6 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 8 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 9 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 Africa Safari
- 12 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 13 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 14 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 15 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 16 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 17 Morocco - private tour operators
- 18 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 19 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 20 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 21 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 22 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 23 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 24 Kruger Park trip
- 25 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.