I'm researching my first trip to Africa. This will be my #1 dream trip coming true. I want to travel sometime during June - Sept of 2006. I'm undecided about where to go - Eastern or Southern Africa. I've completed reading a book about Eastern Africa and about to start a book on Southern Africa. I'm trying to determine how I should book this trip. Do I use a travel agent or book directly though a safari outfitter? If I use an outfitter, how do I choose a reputable one? There are so many available on the Internet. I'd like to spend 2 - 3 weeks over there and include a couple of days of horseback riding amongst the wildlife. My budget is $4000 - $6000. I may be traveling by myself and I wonder if this is a safe thing to do. I’m open to staying in lodges, permanent tents or mobile tents. My main goal of this trip is to see wildlife and it would be a great thrill to be able to ride horse amongst giraffe and other wildlife.
Researching 1st Africa trip
- 1 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 2 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 3 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 4 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 5 Tanzania in 2014
- 6 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 7 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 8 phone service
- 9 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 10 Living in Morocco.
- 11 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 12 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 13 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 14 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 15 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 16 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 17 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 18 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 19 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 21 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 22 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 23 Africa Safari
- 24 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 25 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?