Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
- 1 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 2 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 3 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 4 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 5 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 6 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 7 Morocco - private tour operators
- 8 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 10 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 11 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 12 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 13 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 14 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 15 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 16 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 17 Africa Safari
- 18 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 19 Kruger Park trip
- 20 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 21 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 22 phone service
- 23 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 24 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 25 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing