my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 3 Tanzania in 2014
- 4 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 5 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 6 phone service
- 7 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 8 Living in Morocco.
- 9 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 10 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 11 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 12 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 13 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 14 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 15 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 16 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 17 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 18 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 20 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 21 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 22 Africa Safari
- 23 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 24 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 25 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab