The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 1 River Cruise for Several Days in South Africa (or adjacent) ?
- 2 Best way to go from Morocco to Barcelona
- 3 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 4 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 5 17 days in Israel our way
- 6 Africa Safari
- 7 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 8 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 9 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 10 Tanzania in 2014
- 11 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 12 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 13 Morocco - private tour operators
- 14 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 15 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 16 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 17 Tangier - A four day city break
- 18 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 19 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 20 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 21 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 22 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 23 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 24 phone service
- 25 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air