just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 Africa Safari
- 3 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 4 Morocco - private tour operators
- 5 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 6 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 7 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 8 Kruger Park trip
- 9 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 10 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 11 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 12 phone service
- 13 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 14 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 15 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 16 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 17 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 18 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 19 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 20 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 21 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 22 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 23 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 24 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 25 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012