Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
- 1 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 2 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 3 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 4 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 5 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 6 High Atlas/Desert Tour Operators
- 7 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 8 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 9 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 10 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 11 phone service
- 12 Tanzania in 2014
- 13 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 14 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 15 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 16 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 17 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 18 Living in Morocco.
- 19 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 20 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 21 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 22 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 25 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days