I am just back from a safari in Tanzania. It was wonderful, except for the Kirawira area was totally infested with tse tse flies. They were so bad we could not even look for game the last day we were there, due to the swarms that were neverending, regardless of where we were in the area. The most unfortunate thing is that they seemed to LOVE me (I did not wear blue, but the seats in the truck and my shirt were a dark green) and I got bitten severely and often. I am home for 5 days and still covered with the red bites (they no longer itch but are tender to the touch). How worried should I be about African Sleeping Sickness? I know the only way to diagnosis is with blood tests and other lab tests. Thanks for any info that you can share.
Tsetse fly bites?
- 1 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 2 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 3 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 5 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 6 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 7 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 8 Africa Safari
- 9 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 10 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 11 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 12 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 13 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 14 Morocco - private tour operators
- 15 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 16 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 17 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 20 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 21 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 22 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Kruger Park trip
- 24 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 25 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi