At the end of October, I will be visiting my daughter who is studying in Accra, Ghana, for a semester. I would like to travel with her to another area of Africa, in addition to spending time in Ghana. I am interested in suggestions, particularly ones that involve seeing wildlife, and not spending multiple thousands of extra dollars! Someone who has spent a lot of time in Africa suggested hiring a taxi to drive from Ghana to Nigeria, and go to Yankari National Park. He thought the taxi ride through the various countries would be a wonderful adventure. Any thoughts about this, particularly for 2 females? Any other thoughts on where else to go besides Ghana? I know I will get good West African culture in Ghana, so I am more looking for nature/animals for the other part of the adventure. I will have 2 to 2.5 weeks for the whole Africa trip. am also wondering about flying from place to place, but my sense so far is that is very expensive. I am not a fancy traveler, and love being immersed in the cultures i travel in, but I definitely want to feel that my daughter and I are safe on all levels.I would love suggestion, experiences, etc. Thanks so much. Audrey
Visiting Ghana and Wanting to Travel Elsewhere
- 1 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 2 River Cruise for Several Days in South Africa (or adjacent) ?
- 3 Best way to go from Morocco to Barcelona
- 4 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 5 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 6 17 days in Israel our way
- 7 Africa Safari
- 8 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 9 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 10 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 11 Tanzania in 2014
- 12 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 13 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 14 Morocco - private tour operators
- 15 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 16 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 17 Tangier - A four day city break
- 18 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 19 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 20 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 21 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 22 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 23 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 24 phone service
- 25 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air