My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 3 phone service
- 4 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 5 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 6 Living in Morocco.
- 7 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 8 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 9 Tanzania in 2014
- 10 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 11 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 12 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 13 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 14 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 15 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 16 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 17 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 19 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 20 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 21 Africa Safari
- 22 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 23 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 24 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 25 Budget Safari options in Botswana?