I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
A Few Questions from a Virgin Virgin
- 1 What do I owe to a Travel Agent?
- 2 Flight connection in Brussels: Help!!
- 3 Beware of Bravofly
- 4 Great coffee
- 5 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 6 US customs forms questions
- 7 Best website for cheap Europe flights
- 8 LAX customs HELP
- 9 British Airways, Edinburgh to Heathrow - baggage re-check?
- 10 flights to israel from ny
- 11 Flights to Europe
- 12 Flight delays and costs due to weather.
- 13 Converstion rates for Airtran A+ credits transfer to Southwest Rewards?
- 14 easyJet cabin baggage
- 15 Flying out of Venice Marco Polo on Vueling
- 16 Award Availability
- 17 Please critique my plan for flying w/2 kids!
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 20 Expedia points?
- 21 Traveling with Cremains
- 22 Can I "walk away" from the second leg of my flight?
- 23 self check in kiosks
- 24 How does duty free shopping work?
- 25 TSA comment period open until June 24