We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
2-week Thailand in late Feb
- 1 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 2 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 3 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 4 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 5 Buying Jewelry in India
- 6 Cell Phones in India
- 7 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 8 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 9 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 10 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 11 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 12 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 13 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 14 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 15 Kashmir or Nepal
- 16 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 17 Wildlife Tour of India
- 18 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 19 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 20 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 21 white sand beaches in thailand
- 22 Udaipur, India
- 23 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 24 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 25 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars