Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
24 Days - Malaysia, Northern Vietnam, and Burma
Hello fellow travelers,
- 1 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 2 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 5 white sand beaches in thailand
- 6 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 7 Udaipur, India
- 8 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 9 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 10 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 11 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 12 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 13 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 14 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 15 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 16 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 17 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 18 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 19 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 20 where to go in SE Asia
- 21 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 22 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 23 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 24 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 25 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality