I'm Chelsea, 22, from the UK,
looking to travel to Asia Dec 2013 for 6 months
I will be travelling with my partner,
have already travelled Australia, last year, completely blew my money as ridiculously expensive, so my thoughts turned to Asia.
I'm looking at being in Bangkok for Christmas and then travelling onward but would like to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I know there is a rule of no more than 90 days in 180 day period, but other travelling websites have mentioned travellers having 3 x 60 day visas,
if anyone could shed any light on this would be brilliant
as I was looking to first of all spend about 4 months in Thailand, I really want to immerse myself in the culture of the country.
I'm also looking to travel to Malaysia & Singapore, possible Indonesia, but I'm not sure how expensive that will be as kind find much evidence of backpackers travelling that route.
thinking Cambodia, Vietnam & possibly Laos, was maybe thinking India, but was unsure as I only have 6 months,
I wanted to start and end in Thailand,
wondered if anyone else had done a trip anything like this? or if that had any thoughts or tips for me?
we've decided to only take one bigger backpack and one normal size, this way valuables will always be kept on us if travelling by bus etc. as I've heard from friends and other sites they often have to be put on top, or at the back out of sight.
Thanks is advance, Look forward to hearing from you
6 Months In Asia
- 1 Buying Jewelry in India
- 2 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 3 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 4 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 5 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 6 Cell Phones in India
- 7 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 8 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 9 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 10 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 11 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 12 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 13 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 14 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 15 Kashmir or Nepal
- 16 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 17 Wildlife Tour of India
- 18 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 19 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 20 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 21 white sand beaches in thailand
- 22 Udaipur, India
- 23 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 24 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 25 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars