Hello Board Members,
just one year ago, I travelled to Philippines and after one night in Metro Manila,
I reached my Destination on Leyte.
My first Impression I got on Tacloban City Airport,which is not the most modern,
but very functional Domestic Airport.
As i arrived in manila at heavy rain the day before, I really enjoyed the warm sun,
when I left the Plane.
I used one of the very cheap airlines which you can find on Philippines
and i had been impressed positively about the friendly Service which
I got as i experienced worse on some expensive Airlines in Europe.
As i passed Palo with it`s cathedral on my way to Tanauan, I got my
first look on the famous Cathedral of Palo and I got a feeling
how strong Christianity is on Philippines.
In Tanauan i lived in a very simple Filipino house for the next 3 weeks,
which had been a very new experience for me, but for me i didn`t mind
as i had no other expectation on it and as i choosed that way for me.
After my Relocation i will not live another way than that, cause it`s the way
i have chosen for my future.
Tanauan have the most beautifull beach i have seen till now, and there
the have the national Skim Boarding Championships every year.
One of the Nicknames of Tanauan is "National Skim Boarding Capital"
caused by that fact.
If you need a bank to take money from your European or US Bank account
and you only have Maestro Card you have to go for Tacloban City,
where you can find a Maestro ATM at Metro Bank right opposite of Robinson`s
Mall in Barangay Marasbaras.
One of my Travels there i used to visit Red Beach in Palo, where the McArthur Memorial is located.
It had been the Place where McArthur`s Troops and Philippines Leaders got on Philippines´
soil again after they had been sent out by the Japanese some years before when
Japanese Troops invaded Philippines.
In the old City Center of Tacloban you can find the province Capitol, where in Today`s Time
the Governor leyte is residing.
For a short time between autumn of 1944 till Liberation of Manila the
Government of whole Philippines had been residing there.
Hope i could help with my Impressions about these Region.
About my last Travel to Philippines/Leyte
Hello Board Members,
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 Kashmir or Nepal
- 5 Wildlife Tour of India
- 6 Cell Phones in India
- 7 Bali Private Driver and Profesional Day Tour Guide
- 8 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 9 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 10 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 11 white sand beaches in thailand
- 12 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 13 Udaipur, India
- 14 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 15 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 16 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 17 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 18 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 19 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 20 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 21 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 22 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 23 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 24 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 25 where to go in SE Asia