I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Burma February 2013
- 1 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 2 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 3 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 4 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 5 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 6 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 7 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 8 India, What Can I Say!
- 9 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 10 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 11 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 12 Wildlife Tour of India
- 13 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 14 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 15 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 16 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 17 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 18 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 19 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 20 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 21 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 22 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 23 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?
- 24 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 25 Burma features "Alice in Wonderland"