I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Burma - Sankar and Inle lakes
- 1 Wildlife Tour of India
- 2 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 3 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 4 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 5 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 6 white sand beaches in thailand
- 7 Trekking the Annapurna Circuit
- 8 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 9 Sri Lanka/ would like to hire driver/guide
- 10 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 11 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 12 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 13 water delivery and water dispenser
- 14 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 15 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 16 Udaipur, India
- 17 Cell Phones in India
- 18 India, What Can I Say!
- 19 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 20 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 21 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 22 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 23 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 24 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 25 Best Time to Visit Goa