Well, less than 3 weeks before we leave for our 3 week trip to India, and I'm starting to have that pre-trip, WTF am I doing? anxiety that always seems to creep up. But this is the first time we're going to someplace "other", so my pre-trip jitters seem to be hitting me a bit earlier than usual.
So we're trying to figure out what to pack. What recommendations do you have for 3 weeks to Rajasthan, Varanasi, Delhi & Agra? Clothing as well as the more practical suggestions welcome! Like, do we really need to pack toilet paper?
Weather, from mid-January to early February looks like it can go as low as the high 30s (at night), and even get as high as 90 degrees (Jaisalmer) during the day, although I gather it will mostly be around 50s, 60s, maybe 70s for most of the trip. So layers, layers, layers.
We are staying in primarily mid-range places, and after going to Varanasi and Agra, we'll be traveling with a car & driver for the remainder of the trip. We don't generally go out to places we're we need to dress up, so evening outfits and day outfits will pretty much be the same. We do usually take one suitcase each that we carry on the plane along with a shoulder bag for each of us.
So what is your packing list like? What do you recommend?
Thanks - almost there!
Do I really need to pack a roll of toilet paper....?
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 Cell Phones in India
- 3 Bali Private Driver and Profesional Day Tour Guide
- 4 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 5 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 6 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 7 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 8 white sand beaches in thailand
- 9 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 10 Udaipur, India
- 11 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 12 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 13 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 14 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 15 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 16 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 17 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 18 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 19 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 20 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 21 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 22 where to go in SE Asia
- 23 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 24 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 25 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?