Hi All -
I am a long-time Fodorite but new to the India/Asia Forum, so I apologize in advance for the many newbie/ignorant questions you will be getting from me over the next few months.
I am planning my first trip to India this December/January. I have 14 nights and will focus on the traditional Northern India/Rajasthan itinerary. My travel companion and I are pretty active travelers, but we also don't like to feel rushed. On the whole, we avoid 1-night stays and prefer to have a little time to explore the culture of the area in which we're staying. That said, we understand that there is A LOT to see in India!
So, we need help with an itinerary. Ideally, we'd like to spend time in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and Varanasi. Craig recently commented that a good itinerary for a first-time visit to India would be "3 or 4 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 3 nights Jaipur, 3 or 4 nights Udaipur, and 3 nights Varanasi."
Craig's itinerary sounds like a great pace for us, but it leaves out Jodhpur. So, here's my question: would you skip Jodhpur, or skip something else in favor of Jodhpur, or take a couple of nights away from somewhere else in order to experience Jodhpur? Help please!
First Trip To India - Thoughts As To Itinerary?
Hi All -
- 1 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 2 Wildlife Tour of India
- 3 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 4 Cell Phones in India
- 5 Bali Private Driver and Profesional Day Tour Guide
- 6 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 7 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 8 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 9 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 10 white sand beaches in thailand
- 11 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 12 Udaipur, India
- 13 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 14 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 15 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 16 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 17 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 18 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 19 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 20 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 21 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 22 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 23 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 24 where to go in SE Asia
- 25 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey