I have re posted, so I can get some more opinions. I have read most of Cicerones answers and posts. The sheraton & the intercontinental is out of my range. I am in Hong Kong from Mar. 5 to 8th. I have read that at this time, most likely to be drizzly and foggy. My husband and I like to walk, and have on other trips, liked to stay in more residential neighbourhoods.,but I at first thought that staying near the water would be nice. We hope to spend one day hiring a driver and going to the new territories, I am not interested in Lantau and the Big Buddha, seems way too touristy. Will try to do the peak weather permitting, and want to walk through interesting neighbourhoods, see the Chi Lin Nunnery , Yuen Po St. Bird Garden,the museum of history, a few temples, perhaps the walled garden, stanley market, waterfront and ferry ride. However, now it seems that in Kowloon, it is much more crowded and touristy, and maybe I forget a view because of the time of year. I also cannot stay too high up because my husband can't do very high places. Cicerone suggested the Mercer, the courtyard marriott and the Bishop Lei International if staying on the island. I am concerned about the slow elevators for the Mercer, and the Bishop. although I am not sure if they mean the hotel elevators or the mid level elevators. Also the bishop has a low rate review? If I do stay on Kowloon, I had originally chosen either THe Langham Hotel, the Icon or the Mira, after reading some comments, the Icon is out due to location and height, the Mira seems small. The Langham seems ok if I can live without view. IL don't know why I cannot make up my mind, I am usually not that indecisive. Some more help please!!
Hard to decide!!Hotel confusion
- 1 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 2 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 5 white sand beaches in thailand
- 6 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 7 Udaipur, India
- 8 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 9 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 10 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 11 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 12 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 13 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 14 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 15 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 16 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 17 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 18 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 19 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 20 where to go in SE Asia
- 21 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 22 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 23 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 24 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 25 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality