I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Help! Absolutely clueless.
- 1 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 2 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 3 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 4 Sri Lanka
- 5 Suggestion for Bali
- 6 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 7 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 8 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 9 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 10 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 11 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 12 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 13 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 14 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 15 Hello, Vietnam
- 16 Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
- 17 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 18 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 19 Kashmir or Nepal
- 20 Udaipur, India
- 21 Ipoh
- 22 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 23 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 24 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 25 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013