I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Help! Absolutely clueless.
- 1 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 2 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 3 Japan Attractions
- 4 day trips outside of Bangkoki
- 5 Cooking Class in Ubud, Bali
- 6 High Alert for Travelers! New Deadly Bird Flu in China
- 7 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 8 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 9 Hanoi airport transfer to Hotel
- 10 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 11 Wildlife Tour of India
- 12 Udaipur, India
- 13 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 14 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 15 Cell Phones in India
- 16 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 17 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 18 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 19 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 20 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 21 Kashmir or Nepal
- 22 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 23 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 24 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 25 Photography Trip to Vietnam