It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
- 1 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 2 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 3 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 4 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 5 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 6 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 7 Sri Lanka
- 8 Suggestion for Bali
- 9 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 10 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 11 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 12 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 13 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 14 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 15 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 16 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 17 Hello, Vietnam
- 18 Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
- 19 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 20 Kashmir or Nepal
- 21 Udaipur, India
- 22 Ipoh
- 23 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 24 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 25 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?