It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
- 1 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 2 Udaipur, India
- 3 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 4 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 5 white sand beaches in thailand
- 6 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 7 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 8 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 9 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 10 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 11 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 12 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 13 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 14 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 15 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 16 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 17 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 18 where to go in SE Asia
- 19 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 20 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 21 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 22 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 23 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 24 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 25 trip report to tajmahal agra india