It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
- 1 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 2 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 3 Cell Phones in India
- 4 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 5 India, What Can I Say!
- 6 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 7 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 8 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 9 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 10 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 11 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 12 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 13 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 14 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 15 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 16 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 17 Wildlife Tour of India
- 18 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 19 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 20 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 21 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 22 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 23 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 24 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 25 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore