I will be visiting friends in Tokyo in late January. I am thinking of spending three or four days in Seoul or Shanghai. I have never been to these cities which is why I am considering them, althought I am aware the weather will be less than ideal. I have travelled around Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc where the weather will be better in January on previous trips. I would like to visit a new destination but I am a little worried that the Lunar New Year celebrations may mean that most things in Korea and China will be closed during the last week of January. Which city is better to visit in late January?
January - Seoul or Shanghai for 3 or 4 days?
- 1 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 2 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 3 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 4 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 5 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 6 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 7 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 8 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 9 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 10 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 11 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 12 where to go in SE Asia
- 13 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 14 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 15 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 16 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 17 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 18 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 19 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 20 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 21 Sri Lanka
- 22 Suggestion for Bali
- 23 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 24 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 25 Hello, Vietnam