We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
- 1 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 2 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 3 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 4 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 5 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 6 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 7 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 8 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 9 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 10 India, What Can I Say!
- 11 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 12 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 13 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 14 Wildlife Tour of India
- 15 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 16 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 17 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 18 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 19 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 20 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 21 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 22 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 23 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 24 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?
- 25 Photography Trip to Vietnam