We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
- 1 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 2 water delivery and water dispenser
- 3 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 4 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 5 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 6 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 7 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 8 white sand beaches in thailand
- 9 Udaipur, India
- 10 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 11 Cell Phones in India
- 12 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 13 India, What Can I Say!
- 14 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 15 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 16 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 17 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 18 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 19 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 20 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 21 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 22 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 23 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 24 Wildlife Tour of India
- 25 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons