Having unexpected trouble with getting Mongolian visa before travel, I wonder if I could get a tourist visa on arrival at the border, probably by train (secondly by bus).
We’ll travel from Irkutsk –Ulan Ude towards Ulan Bator.
Some web searching brings up that travelers in the past have done so without problem and a guidebook says it’s ok, but other conflicting info from official websites or travel agents I emailed, says not to do it.
So, anybody has solid info on that, perhaps recent experience…?
if it is sth we can rely on, and at what cost…
This could save us -A LOT OF TROUBLE- to avoid spending time in Siberian consulates of Mongolia (Irkutsk –Ulan Ude) … or paying funny consulate fees for urgent process etc
Many many thanks to all
Nikolaos / Greece
Mongolian visa on arrival at the border from Russia!
- 1 6748 3518. Singapore Islandwide Alcohol Delivery - 1 Hour Alcohol Delivery
- 2 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 3 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 4 Kashmir or Nepal
- 5 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 6 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 7 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 8 Wildlife Tour of India
- 9 Cell Phones in India
- 10 Bali Private Driver and Profesional Day Tour Guide
- 11 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 12 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 13 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 14 white sand beaches in thailand
- 15 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 16 Udaipur, India
- 17 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 18 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 19 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 20 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 21 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 22 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 23 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 24 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 25 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!