Last April I booked a trek in Tibet through a Nepali Agency, of course TAAN registered. It seemed they had a good reputation and they have several Trip Advisor reviews. We paid 35% of the total amount as a booking deposit. We have the Invoice, the Service Voucher and the Cash Receipt from the Agnecy. Booking conditions foresee a 40% fee on this deposit in case of cancellation because of our own reasons until 5 days before departure.
Foreseen departure is September 17th and unfortunately Tibet is now closed and it is likely it will be in September as well. No deposit refund policy was clearly stated before in this case.
Now we are discussing about alternative treks in Nepal. The Agent is giving us unbeliveable quotations for these treks, about 65% more than the quotation for same trek we now have from another "first class" Nepali agency. We well know this last one because supported us in a climbing trek last year, but unfortunately they did not have the Tibet program we were interested in.
We are now asking the Agent to refund our booking deposit, but he is taking time and it is clear that he does not want to give me back money. I am not sure at all that he will give me back even the 60% of the deposit which is due in case of cancellation by me. This is because the Agent is proving not to be reliable and honest in discussing the alternatives.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the refund of this deposit ? Is it possible to ask some Authority in Nepal ? We want at least to get back our 60%.
I avoid to publish the name of this Agency before the end of this story.
Nepal - Booking deposit refund problem
- 1 post local ads
- 2 where to go in SE Asia
- 3 Words of narendra modi
- 4 white sand beaches in thailand
- 5 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 6 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 7 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 8 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 9 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 10 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 11 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 12 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 13 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 14 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 15 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 16 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 17 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 18 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 19 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 20 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 21 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 22 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 23 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 24 Sri Lanka
- 25 Suggestion for Bali