I'm currently in Kathmandu, and trying to plan an itinerary to see the Himalayas that does not involve trekking. tricky, right!?
we're two travelers with some injuries that make it difficult to go far. I can walk at a slow pace on level ground for about 2-3 hours before I give out.
so I'm thinking of ways to get close to the mountains so I can enjoy their beauty, but not be tied to getting to a specific destination in order to have a place to sleep!
I'd like to know about cities/towns/hotels that we can reach by bus/taxi/guide where we can enjoy some of the spectacular beauty. then, if we want to take an easy walk, we can always come home later in the day.
does that make sense? does it seem doable?
I'm hoping to keep the costs low, paying for transportation from one place to another, paying about $10-20 for a hotel for 2, and eating at restaurants instead of booking a full package through an agency.
any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm having trouble getting tour operators to understand what I'm trying to do, and the full tours that they suggest seem expensive.
thank you all for the information, this forum has been invaluable!
Nepal - how to see the Himalayas without trekking?!
- 1 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 2 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 3 Sri Lanka/ would like to hire driver/guide
- 4 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 5 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 6 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 7 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 8 white sand beaches in thailand
- 9 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 10 water delivery and water dispenser
- 11 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 12 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 13 Udaipur, India
- 14 Cell Phones in India
- 15 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 16 India, What Can I Say!
- 17 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 18 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 19 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 20 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 21 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 22 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 23 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 24 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 25 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday