Never been pickpocketed before today. We were staying at the Metropole in Hanoi, as was the president of Argentina and her entourage. The presidential visit turned the lobby into a madhouse with screening equipment, press, and wall to wall people. I paid the bill and decided to go to the Citibank ATM next door to get more dong since we were leaving for Hue. From the ATM went straight to the hotel room to finish packing. When the time came to divide up the money with DH, my wallet was not in the large purse I was carrying. I assumed that I absentmindedly set it down in the room or packed it. Took everything apart, not a trace. The hotel sent up staff to check the room. Nothing. Rechecked the luggage when we arrived in Hue. Nothing. Checked with Citibank before we left. Nothing. There was a rather shady looking gent in the elevator with me on the way to the room. It was just the two of us. Wonder if he helped himself while we were waiting for the elevator or inside the elevator?
Pickpocketed in Hanoi
- 1 The Regency Jerai Hill Resort (Kedah,Malaysia)
- 2 Sri Lanka
- 3 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 4 Kashmir or Nepal
- 5 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 6 Udaipur, India
- 7 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 8 Ipoh
- 9 Hello, Vietnam
- 10 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 11 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 12 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 13 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 14 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 15 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 16 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 17 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 18 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 19 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 20 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 21 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 22 Wildlife Tour of India
- 23 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 24 white sand beaches in thailand
- 25 Trekking the Annapurna Circuit