I will be spending 6 nights in the Phuket area in January. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay. My top priority is a stunning beach (not overrun with tourists), but I don't want to be completely isolated either. I also want to do multiple day or overnight trips to Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and other surrounding areas; so I don't want to be on an island that would make that impossible or ridiculously expensive (because of remote location). Can anyone suggest anything in the Phuket/Krabi areas that would work? I am willing to splurge but don't want to spend more than $500-$600/night; if absolutely worth it, might consider more. We are also planning on renting a car, so driving to the ultimate destination is no problem -- e.g. Krabi. Thanks in advance for the help!
SIX NIGHTS IN PHUKET - PLS HELP
- 1 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 2 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 3 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 4 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 5 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 6 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 7 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 8 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 9 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 10 where to go in SE Asia
- 11 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 12 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 13 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 14 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 15 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 16 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 17 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 18 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 19 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 20 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 21 Sri Lanka
- 22 Suggestion for Bali
- 23 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 24 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 25 Hello, Vietnam