I'm visiting Sri Lanka with my parents from Oct. 20 - Oct 24.
Arriving Colombo early AM on 20th; departing late night on 24th. Arriving in Colombo from Mumbai. 5 full days, but on the heels of flights at night.
Due to my parents age, I don't want to pack too much into those days. Thinking 1 day in Colombo + 1 or 2 other locations. 1 city to experience something unique to Sri Lanka, its culture and traditions; 1 city for beach and finish in Colombo for 1 night.
Should we hire a car with a driver so that we can go straight from Colombo airport to destination 1. Would the following make sense? Too much driving? I want it to feel a bit leisurely.
Day 1 - Colombo => Kandy (skip Pinnewala?); night in Kandy
Day 2 - Kandy => Nuwara Eliya (night in Nuwara / Ella?)
Day 3 - Nuwara Eliya / Ella => Haputale or Bentota / Wadduwa
Day 4 - Wadduwa => Colombo (night in Colombo)
Day 5 - Colombo
Sri Lanka - 5 Days Itinerary Advice
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 5 Kashmir or Nepal
- 6 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 7 Wildlife Tour of India
- 8 Cell Phones in India
- 9 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 10 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 11 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 12 white sand beaches in thailand
- 13 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 14 Udaipur, India
- 15 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 16 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 17 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 18 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 19 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 20 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 21 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 22 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 23 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 24 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 25 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions