Me and my partner are planning for 6 months round Asia, with 2 months ideally in Indonesia.
Its all very estimate at the minute as we realistically cant afford it until 2014 - so if you cant help us at this stage I understand.
So far based on flight costs with the countries we want to see we'll fly in to Java from Japan and back out from Java to Vietnam.
So my questions are (and quite vague I apologise):
- How safe is Indonesia in general? Theft/violence/illness etc... We're new to travelling and still quite naive to be honest...
- Whats the accommodation like in general? (We're thinking either cheaper hotels or more expensive hostels, we'd really like private rooms for most of it)
- Does it tend to be cheap like Thailand or expensive like Japan? (Our Japan leg so far is costing a lot!)
- Where to go and where not to go (interested in culture- shrines and temples etc, nature- trekking etc, beaches, scuba diving and shopping. Not big drinkers really, going more for a different way of life than to drink and party! I'm a divemaster in the UK so really interested in what Indonesia has to offer in diving/snorkelling.
- How easy/cheap/comfortable it is to travel within Indonesia
- And how easy/expensive is it to obtain the required visas?
We'll be really out of our comfort zone as we're used to our lovely little flat, nice car, easy life - but we're bored and what adventure! Its going to be a shock....
Any advice or past itineraries/tours you've done that you think may be of interest would be great - I've planned Japan quite well, but I'm struggling with where to start with Indonesia!
Thanks a bunch!
P.S. I've kinda put together the below as a rough itinerary based on the cheapest flights. Just so if you see a ridiculous looking itinerary you can tell me
I know I may be going back and forth a bit but getting rough prices (based on this year however) this seems to be the cheapest. See what you think anyway
UK - JAPAN - INDONESIA - VIETNAM - PHILLIPINES - SINGAPORE - MALAYSIA -(Maybe Cambodia?)- THAILAND - UK
Travelling Indonesia for 2 months - HELP with itinerary!!
- 1 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 2 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 3 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 4 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 5 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 6 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 7 Words of narendra modi
- 8 where to go in SE Asia
- 9 white sand beaches in thailand
- 10 Langtang Valley Trek
- 11 A Good source for Wholesale Thai Hill Tribe silver and semi precious stones
- 12 4 week honeymoon in India - itinerary help
- 13 post local ads
- 14 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 15 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 16 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 17 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 18 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 19 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 20 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 21 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 22 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 23 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 24 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 25 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?