Based on what I've read here I decided that VOA was the way to go. We are using Tonkin Travel for our Vietnam arrangements (incredibly responsive) so I asked them about doing the paperwork for VOA. Today I received an email warning me that if other international flights arrive at the same time the wait can be very long. Since we don't have a consulate nearby I'm debating sending the passports to DC, even though we are leaving in a month. The embassy website mentions something called a "loose paper visa" which doesn't require sending the actual passport, just a copy. An unanticipated difficulty is that the website does not give the fees. (The state dept. warns that the fees are variable and not stated.) Anybody tried the loose paper visa? I hate the thought of standing in a long line with a hungry impatient husband. And I don't want to even consider the possibility of having to replace passports during the holidays.
Wait time for Vietnam visa on arrival
- 1 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 2 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 3 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 4 white sand beaches in thailand
- 5 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 6 water delivery and water dispenser
- 7 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 8 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 9 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 10 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 11 Udaipur, India
- 12 Cell Phones in India
- 13 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 14 India, What Can I Say!
- 15 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 16 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 17 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 18 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 19 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 20 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 21 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 22 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 23 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 24 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 25 Wildlife Tour of India