When is the best time to travel to Vietnam for Travel Photography

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a travel photographer , i am planning to explore Vietnam in next year and that would be great if someone can advice me the best places of Vietnam to explore and when to explore for better travel photography ?
Old May 12th, 2020, 06:29 AM

In any case I'd recommend Sa Pa - a great and very photogenic town in the mountain with green rice fields turning yellow around September. Also the area is inhabited by Hmong people

Last edited by Moderator3; May 12th, 2020 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Remove comment on moderation
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:53 PM

Very few countries have such diversified scenery as Vietnam, so, it all depends on your interests. If it is people, I would say the Mekong Delta and the minorities of the Northern mountains ; if it is historic monuments, there are temples, pagodas, communal houses, etc; everywhere, but I would privilege Hoi An, Hue (those 2 NOT in Sept-Oct, big rain season) and Hanoi : if it is fantastic scenery + very colorful minority people, then, it is Halong Bay and the mountains Sapa/Bac Ha/Dong Van. All in all, the South is the less interesting region and to be avoided in July and August (big monsoon) and the North is the most breathtaking, to be avoided January-mid-March, cold and often foggy

April-June are good everywhere. if you choose the North, then April-mid-October, with preference beginning Sept-mid-Oct max because of the stunning green colour of the rice-field terraces in the mountains
Old May 14th, 2020, 12:17 AM

I am concerned about it too...
Old May 30th, 2020, 07:05 PM

Or you can do some research on Travelfish site to pick the places that match your interest.
March to April/ May is the best travel time!