Spending 5 weeks touring Australia this July/first wk Aug. Thought we'd break this trip by having 7 nights in Fiji (Westin, Denarau) but travel agent who has visited Fiji and all of east coast Aus thinks we would be wasting our time (4hr flight) and money as the Whitsunday Islands and tropical northern Queensland are far better value, warm enough and would save travelling time. Can anyone help -we are not into sailing and have our 2 adult children (18 and 21) with us. Our itinerary is Singapore, Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove/Port Douglas then work way down coast inc few nights in Surfer's paradise and Brisbane. Any advice welcome - he gave me impression we'd need to fly to the outlying islands of Fiji to get the gorgeous beaches and that would mean more travelling and much higher cost.
Fiji versus Whitsundays
- 1 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 2 Sydney hotel
- 3 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 4 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 5 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 6 Hotels in Australia
- 7 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 8 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 9 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 10 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 11 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 12 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 13 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 14 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 15 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 16 Micronesia- when to visit
- 17 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 18 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 19 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 20 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 21 1st trip to New Zealand
- 22 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 23 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 24 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 25 South Island of New Zealand end of May?