Spent the last week of Dec in Rarotonga. We really enjoyed it. Raro is the largest of the Cooks, however, it is still small. We found it to be quiet with very friendly and helpful locales. We always tried new restaurants and never had a bad meal. We stayed at Moana Sands and really loved it. The water was warm and calm because of the lagoon. Lots and lots of foliage. I kept saying I felt like I was on the island from Lost. We rented a small car but there is a reliable bus system that circles the island. Only thing to realize is that that the diving/snorkeling is not outstanding. We snorkled every day in front of our hotel. The reef was not in good shape, but we still saw fish. Seemed to be better the further out you went. I suspect some of the other Cook Islands may be better in this regard. Would go there again.
Rarotonga Cook Islands Trip
- 1 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 2 Sydney hotel
- 3 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 4 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 5 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 6 Hotels in Australia
- 7 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 8 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 9 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 10 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 11 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 12 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 13 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 14 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 15 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 16 Micronesia- when to visit
- 17 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 18 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 19 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 20 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 21 1st trip to New Zealand
- 22 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 23 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 24 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 25 South Island of New Zealand end of May?