We've arranged a trip to New Zealand to visit our family in Aucklanf in Christmas. We are trying to workout a 8 day family Itinery for visit to South Island. As we start our plan very late and encounter some difficulty in scheduling our route due to availability of rooms especially in Queenstown.
After trying to accommodate the less busy days in Queenstown & Franz Josef, I'm not quite sure with the working itinerary. Comment & suggestion to finalze the itinerary is invited.
Day 1 Auckland to Queenstown
Day 2 Queenstown
Day 3 Queenstown
Day 4 Queenstown to Franz Josef
Day 5 Franz Josef**
Day 6 Franz Josef - Mt Cook - Lake Tekapo
Day 7 Lake Tekapo - Dunedin
Day 8 Dunedin - Christchurch to Auckland
1 Heli Hike** available only on day 5 or 3
2 Star glazing
4 farm stay if possible
Thanks very much.
South Island NZ Itinery need help
- 1 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 2 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 3 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 4 Hotels in Australia
- 5 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 6 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 7 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 8 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 9 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 10 Micronesia- when to visit
- 11 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 12 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 13 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 14 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 15 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 16 1st trip to New Zealand
- 17 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 18 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 19 South Island of New Zealand end of May?
- 20 Foodies, help! Melbourne Chinese Restaurant recommendations
- 21 Experience with GrabOne
- 22 Lone Traveler!
- 23 Know a good Charter Co. in French Polynesia?
- 24 Shared charter boat in French Polynesia
- 25 Tauck Tour